Friday, February 3, 2012

Potato Bacon Chowder

Here is a great go to winter soup recipe.  My mom would always make it for parties and everyone loved it.  Now, I make it and it's one of Ronny's favorites.  It's nice and creamy with tender potato chunks and a great bacon flavor.

It goes like this:


Crispy up 8 slices of bacon.  I like to chop mine before cooking, but do whatever you want.


Remove bacon and let it drain on a paper towel.  Leave the bacon grease in pan.


Saute the onions in the bacon grease.  When onions are soft, remove and let sit with bacon for a bit.


Cube up 4 cups of potatoes and add to pot with 1 cup of water.  Cook until tender.


To the water and potatoes add 1 can cream of chicken soup, 1 cup sour cream, 1 3/4 cup milk, bacon and onions.


Simmer chowder, but do not boil.


Garnish with cheese, bacon and green onions.

Enjoy!

Here is the exact recipe my mom and I still use:


P.S.  I don't know the exact origin of this recipe, but we didn't create it!







1 comment:

  1. That looks delish! Still waiting for my meal that you're supposed to make for us in that fancy new kitchen. :-)

    ReplyDelete