Sunday, May 6, 2012

Charleston Eats

I just got back a few weeks ago from a Charleston vacation.  It was amazing...true Southern style.  I loved everything about it.  But today I'm gonna show the food.  We ate a lot, I mean a lot.  So tasty!




Dixie Supply.  Tiny cafe, but huge tastiness!


Oh yeah...it was on Triple D!


This shows how small this joint is.



Here's the owner (the guy bent over).  He was so nice.




We were on a culinary tour and sampled Grits (amazing), Sweet Potato Bread (delicious), and Sweet Tea (a let down).






Renee took extra so they would throw the left over away.  No waste!



Candied pecans and caramel with pecans.  Sweet, smooth and amazing.


Cupcake on King St.


Vanilla and Red Velvet



Fried Chicken and Mashed Potatoes at Poogan's Porch.  Lightly crispy with huge flavor.


Another location of River Street Sweets.  We went into about every location because they give samples.  This is salt water taffy...salty, sweet, chewy, best I've had.


I didn't get Greek, but Triple Caramel Chunk!


This is my Charleston BFF, Romeo, AKA (to us) Cedric.  He makes Tomato Pie at Dixie Supply.  And yes, we went again!


Tomato Pie with Sweet Potato Bread.  The tomato pie is so fresh and delicious.  Like nothing I've ever had.  It's pie crust, tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, basil and mayo.  Love it and Romeo!



Amen Street Fish & Raw Bar.  Fish Tacos and Cappellini and Clams.  Do you like my turban?


Clam shells.


I love ice cream, don't you?





The FAMOUS Peninsula Grill Coconut Cake.  It's been featured on Martha Stewart and Throwdown with Bobby Flay (Bobby won).


Shrimp and Grits from Dixie Supply.  Creamy, shrimpy, bacony, buttery, tasty.  Yes, we went there 3 times.  Guess it tells you how good that place is.  






Chocolate Cake from Normandy Farm Bakery.  I'll be honest, it tasted like a refrigerator...but not so bad I couldn't eat it.


Chocolate curls.



Renee's Lemon Cake with raspberry.  Those little ball, frosting dollops tasted like pure shortening with a little lemon, yuk!



Beautiful shop.



Amazing artwork to enjoy with our snacks.



Lettuce wedge from Fleet Landing.  Fresh and yummy.


You can tell we never went hungry.  

Enjoy!











1 comment:

  1. mmmmmmmmmmm! I think we need to go back there to eat again...I'd get the tomato pie by Cedric and the Coconut Cake!

    ReplyDelete