Monday, November 14, 2011

Wassail


Sometimes you just need something nice and warm to drink on a freezing day.  Sometimes you need something to make your house smell so delicious and remind you of the holiday's.  It really doesn't matter why you make wassail, just make...it's delicious...you won't regret it.

I've read quite a few recipes for wassail and they are all different.  The basics do stay the same though.  There is usually some kind of fruit juice and some kind of spice.  I haven't found a recipe yet that is the same as the one I use.  Mine is a little sweet, a little tangy, a little spicy (the holiday kind) and I think a lot delicious.  Here it is.



Wassail

1 large can pineapple juice
1 bottle cranapple juice (64 oz)
1 cup sugar
3 cinnamon sticks
10 whole cloves (I never count...I'm just guessing)

Combine all ingredients in large pot and cook over medium to low for about 1 hour.  

Throw the cinnamon sticks in whole and if you have a spice ball the cloves can be put in that, if not, just throw them in...but don't drink them.  I have also made this in a crock pot set on low...works fabulous as well.  I refrigerate the wassail after cooked and then heat a cup at a time.  I'm not too sure how long it will last in the refrigerator...mine never seems to stay around more than about a week or so!

Dont' be afraid to try it...I'm sure you'll love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment